First Ward Hose House. (Intersection of Washington St. & 7th St.), Romanesque revival structure built
in 1870. The last of a series of hose houses located in two “wards” in Connersville. In the era of horse
drawn fire equipment, hose houses stored hoses and other fire equipment too heavy to be pulled to a
neighborhood fire by horses. Motorized fire trucks later eliminated the need for hose houses.
First Ward Hose House
7th & Washington Street
Connersville, Indiana 47331 United States